Got a story?
Ewan has a developing track record of handling everything from the most immediate stories, to contentious and legally sensitive investigations.
Depending on which publication the story is for, please send Ewan all press releases, tips and story ideas to the relevant contacts below.
All freelance work (Telegraph, Sunday Times, and others) firstname.lastname@example.org
- The i Paper: email@example.com
- Evening Standard online: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Independent: email@example.com
- Reach (Trinity Mirror) network of regional papers: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Sun Online: email@example.com
Alternatively, if you’re interested in commissioning him or just fancy a chat, Ewan would be happy to hear from you. He’s particularly passionate about helping other student journalists break in to the industry.
If you would like to commission him, he is particularly interested in:
- Education. Ewan specialises in reporting on universities and the education system, including stat-based stories, human interest pieces, investigations and controversies, and clearing/results day features in print for the Daily Telegraph and Sunday Times.
- Social affairs. Ewan has a flair for writing about social issues, such as religion, trans issues, and immigration. He also regularly reports on politics, and reads politics and international relations at the University of Sheffield.
- Digital/social engagement. Ewan has growing experience in numerous national newsrooms working with social and audience teams to reach new readers online, generate subscribers to paywall titles, and grow engagement.
- Awards hosting and speaking. Ewan is also available to speak at public events/awards ceremonies given his developed background in public speaking.
Growing up in rural Devon, nothing has ever been handed to him on a plate – he’s had to just work hard.